BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 30, 2006

Sunny Time

I am not sure where time has gone. Somewhere along the line, with two jobs and a husband, I've forgotten what alone time means. So today, while Jay is out getting new tires on Jasper (yes, I've christened our cars), I've decided to sit down and finish out a scrapbook that I started about 6 years ago. Isn't that nice? Now I've never been a procrastinator....so I have no clue what happened in this case.
It is rather fun to look through old pictures and laugh. A rather interesting shot of David's mom (yes, Lyndie's David) right before we piled into the van for our trip to Chicago our senior year, really had me chuckling. I will definitely need to show it to you, Lyn. Fun times! Navy Pier, Hard Rock Cafe and the Radisson. Sigh.....definitely time gone by. Life is interesting.
I have to admit I was rather uncomfortable telling folks where I had purchased my cake. Cincinnati is not the place to get married if you are poor. Cakes are outrageously expensive and I don't even like wedding cake. I couldn't imagine spending $600 for a cake that I didn't even want to taste. So after much forethought, I decided to step out in faith. I went to my local Walmart and ordered one. $330 seemed so much better than $600 and I figured surely no one would actually tell me the cake tasted terrible, even if it really did. Who would tell a bride such a thing? So banking on that supposition, I waited with fear and trembling for what it might look like. I avoided answering any questions about the cake beforehand. Hmmm...now I don't mind telling people I got it at Walmart. I thought it ended up looking beautiful. And no one told me it tasted badly so all was well. And don't ask me why my brother is holding a bouquet, I have no idea.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kewl Babe! Am I keeping you busy?!!!

Regi said...

Yes, your laundry does seem to pile up but you always make sure you do it and you take the trash out without me asking you to. What a kewl guy!

Janella Thompson said...

Boy how did you get him trained so well so fast??? I have taken almost 4 years and still haven't got to that place yet.

Anonymous said...

just wait til you have kids...."regi time" will be even more scarce :p

i still think it's all worth it, though :)

Anonymous said...

I thought it was funny when we wheeled the cake out of Wal-Mart and I went back in and told the lady that it fell off the cart in the parking lot. She was only slightly amused.

Anonymous said...

You are a one of kind father-in-law! I am glad that you agreed for me to be your son-in-law!

Regi said...

Very funny Dad!