BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 30, 2007

I don't do sick...

I hate being sick. Two weeks ago Monday I called off work because I was feeling terrible. I had missed church on Sunday also. I came out of it Monday night and started feeling better. That was the first time that I have called off sick since 2005.
Well today, I started feeling bad again. By about 10 a.m. I knew I had another fever. I had a t-shirt, sweater and my winter coat on and I still had goosebumps. Being my father's daughter, I stuck it out until 3:30 when I headed home. I went straight to bed. Jay came home with a digital thermometer and it read 101.1. So a call was made to the Nursing Hotline (my mom) and she thought I probably had strep throat. Jay drove me to an after hours clinic where they proved her right. I got my shot in the hip and now I am ready for a weekend of sleep.

10 comments:

LJL said...

Father's daughter, huh? I always get blamed for everything. So sleep and get better.

Dani said...

Hip? Your hip? They gave you a shot in your HIP??? Thats not what I heard!

~~anna~~ said...

so sorry. At least you have the weekend to totally rest, relax and recover. From what you've written about your hubby, I believe you are in good hands, and will be well cared for.
So, get a nice hot cup of tea, a good book, fluff the pillows and settle in and rest....

LJL said...

Well, Belle, it might have been just around the corner!

Anonymous said...

She get to rest and relax MOST weekends!!! I like to take care of her! It is an honor!

Regi said...

You tell me... when I put my hands on my hips with my thumbs toward the back my thumb hits right on the bruise from the shot. Part hip part rear?

Regi said...

Oh and yes, Jay does take care of me. Brings me orange juice and Mt. Dew slushies to my sick bed. What a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

I think everyone is sick right now. I have been fighting something since Monday. I am missing church today because I didn't want to bother anyone with my hacking cough. EWW. Jonathan is bringing home wonton soup for me after church. My favorite food when I am sick. Hope you feel better soon!! cough cough cough.

Anonymous said...

you don't do sick? just wait until you have children. then you CAN'T do sick. :p

it made me smile to read that your husband likes taking care of you, though :)

Regi said...

Yes, Jay makes me smile too. He is quite hilarious, but he always tries to take care of me.

Yeah, I am not sure what I will do when kids arrive. Probably have my sister supervise while I sleep or something. Who knows? All I am worried about is that I don't have to worry about it now. Or something like that.