BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

God's Protection

After a rocky start this morning, I finally made it to work. Jay took me. We ended up spinning into the wrong lane and nearly landing in a ditch but Jay drove it like a Nascar driver in a crash and we came out of it no worse for wear.

But what I am really thankful for is God's protection on my little sister, Ally. She attends college at Hobe Sound Bible College in Florida. She was in a college van pulling a small trailer when it rolled twice, throwing her out the side window. She has no broken bones and the paramedics didn't even take her to the hospital because they didn't find anything wrong with her. She landed in the sand alongside the highway. Thank God for his protection. She was the only one thrown from the van. Her boyfriend, Luke, and other members of the music group of which Luke is a part, were also all in one piece with no injuries. Thank you Lord!

10 comments:

Janella Thompson said...

Praise God for his angels of protection!!! I am so glad no one was hurt. And that Ally was ok. I don't know what we would do without her.

Tim and Kristina said...

Wow! I'm so glad everyone is okay! Glad you made it to work alright too!

Leah said...

Wow!!!! Thank God for his watchful care over Ally and her friends!

LJL said...

OK, I think this is about enough near disasters for one family. Mom in the head-on collision about 20 years ago, Mom bleeding internally for a week with a nicked aorta and now Ally ejected from a van on the interstate and she gets out on her feet running so the van doesn't roll on her. I want to laugh at that picture in my mind after realizing that apparently she is OK. Pretty tough kid.

Anonymous said...

in light of our recent experiences, i have to say that God is good no matter what. if ally had been severely injured, God is still good and always does (or allows) what is best. i am glad that she was NOT hurt - especially when she is that far away from family. but God's method of choosing when to intervene and when not to does indeed baffle me.

nevertheless, i trust Him implicitly.

Lavy Country said...

We are so thankful for God's protection!

Jonathan and Sommer said...

Oh my goodness! that gave me chills!!

Beth Stetler said...

Thank the Lord - truly a miracle for our families.

Liz said...

That was a miracle wasn't it? Wow! Love catching up on your blog . . .

Greg & Stephanie said...

Yikes! This sounds eerily like a rollover Bible College accident my sister was in just a few years back...makes you thankful for God's protection!