BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Tic Tac Toe

Well, it was definitely a very lazy but fun Saturday for me. I didn't really get up until 11:30 and at that time, Jay brought me breakfast in bed. After that I did some laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, straightened our room and then snatched up my sewing machine about 1 p.m. and have been sewing and quilting for almost 10 hours!!!! I loved it!

I think Jay enjoyed watching his basketball games while I quilted. I finished the crib quilt for my friend at work and plan to give it to her on Monday. She was married the same day as we were last fall. They immediately became pregnant (on purpose). They planned to have the ultimate surprise by waiting until the baby was born to find out its gender. However, just yesterday, her husband was informed that he would be deployed to Iraq in 90 days. Meaning, of course, that she will be alone to deliver their baby. They changed their mind and are now planning to find out what the baby will be. I finished her quilt and now have the binding on my twin size quilt and it just needs whip stitched to finish it up. Of course, that sounds simple but the binding takes quite a while to do...either that or I am slow doing it. Probably both. Oh and if you look closely, you can tell that I haven't done my hair all day long!! Don't I look just lovely?

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow - this looks really nice! I think it is so neat that you quilt!

Anonymous said...

You have quickly become quite the quilter.

Regi said...

uh...more like I have a sewing machine now and can do things much more quickly!

Anonymous said...

the quilt looks beautiful.

the lady behind the quilt....uh....she looks like she's been quilting all day and not had a shower

ah, i remember days like that.

so long ago.....