BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Ministry

Well, this weekend Jay is preaching a weekend meeting in Connersville, Indiana. Last night was the first night. My dad, brother and my grandpa came to hear Jay. I didn't know they were coming, so it was a nice suprise.

Let me introduce you to a very special person. He was born in 1920 and has seen many changes in the world since he was a boy. He and his wife had 5 children, one of whom died on the mission field in Papau New Guinea. His youngest son married a woman he had met in college and they had four kids. I am the oldest of those four kids. So this special person is Grandpa Lavy. I used to spend a long time combing and "washing" his hair with my hands. I think he just liked having his head rubbed but it was fun anyway. Grandpa would take us outside and down to the creek to look for fish or ripe mulberries on his mulberry tree. I remember when they used to have sheep on their farm. I was always scared of them for some reason. I guess I didn't know how dumb they really were. Grandpa let me take his picture last night right before the service. I love you Grandpa!

This is Oscar. Jay got the idea from somewhere, but I ended up doing the nose, ears, collar and hair. Hmmm...wonder how I got that job??!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, nothing about quilting!!! Did you get thrown out of the league?
Aaron

Anonymous said...

I know that guy. Here I am in Marion, In. and I found a computer. Lo and behold, there is my father, on Regi's blog. He is quite the fellow to be around. He has been a good influence on a lot of people.