BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Another Wacko Weekend

Friday started off at 4:30 a.m. We left the house at 5 and headed to Florence to meet Aaron, Jay's brother, and his wife for breakfast at IHOP. We met up at about 5:45. I had pumpkin pancakes, eggs, bacon and some hashbrowns. It was all very yummy. At 6:55 we said goodbye, and Jay drove me to work where I clocked in at 7:15 a.m. While I was working my 8 hour shift, Jay took our car to the garage to have two new headlights put in and a ball joint fixed. Over 3 hours later, he finally had a car in working order. Apparently the garage didn't have enough air power to run one of their tools and it took a lot longer than it should have. He stopped by Walmart on the way back to the house and then packed a few things in a suitcase, did some work at the church and then turned around and drove an hour back to the jail to pick me up at 3:15 p.m.
We drove a couple hours to Anderson, Indiana to Jay's parents house. We both took a quick nap and were out the door at 6:45 to head to their church for a revival service. We had planned to meet up with both his parents, but his mom ended up going to the hospital to be with Jay's grandpa. So after church, we all went to the hospital where we talked my mother in law into coming to eat with us at Fazoli's. After a quick dinner, we split up again. Mother in law back to the hospital and the rest of us to the house. I found a few blankets and decided I wanted to stretch out on the couch and watch the fire Jay had started in the fireplace. The rest of them talked for a while and Jay woke me up in the late evening and said perhaps I should sleep in the bedroom.
At 7:45 a.m. this morning our alarm rang. We read our devotions and talked a little bit to Jay's mom and then we were out the door again to be at my cousin's house by 9:47 a.m. We stayed until 11 a.m. chatting and being goofy and then headed out the door again. We arrived back in Falmouth at 1:18 p.m. Jay ran upstairs and changed and headed right back out the door for a 1:30 community service honoring veterans for their service to our country. Since he is a pastor, he will give out two commemorations to the veterans in our church. That's where he is right now as I write this. Sigh...too much stuff for one weekend :o)

3 comments:

Janella Thompson said...

glad for the update. Your blog was getting lonely!! It was great to see you. Hope we can get togather soon again and spend more time. LOVE YA!!!!

~~anna~~ said...

WOW! Now that's packing in alot in less than 36 hours! I'm tired, and all I did was read your post! ha!

Alanna said...

Wow! Hope the next few days aren't as crzy! :)