BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I don't know about you...

....but one thing that I learned as a kid, if you're going to be sick, control yourself, get through it and if you couldn't, let Dad know and he would pull over. He would try all kinds of things to make you feel better, roll down the window, turn on the cool air, anything to help.

As an adult, Dad isn't always there to help out every time I don't feel that great. Thanksgiving was kinda hard for me this year. There were new babies at both family gatherings. Funny how neither family has had a baby in a several years and then, whammo! one at each gathering.

A friend of Jay's family came over with one of his new twins. She weighed less than 5 pounds and was pretty cute. He looked at me and said "Regi, would you like to hold her?" How could I say 'no' to a new father who probably didn't realize that his words alone made me want to cry? I steeled my eyes and forced them to remain tearless and took the little one. She definitely is a darling.

3 comments:

Becky said...

Your a brave soul. You both look natural holding the baby. God has a special rocking chair in Heaven!! My prayers are with you guys.

LJL said...

You look good with a baby in your arms.

Anonymous said...

You did good! We were thinking of you and I know it was hard. We're still praying for you guys. See you tomorrow.