BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 24, 2011

to try or not to try...

I recently wrote a newsletter in which I placed a quote on the front page. It read: “The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it” ~ Michelangelo

Most of you know I enjoy quilting - I have never tried foundation piecing but it seems rather straight forward and definitely something I could do. So instead of starting out with an easy pattern, I am thinking about attempting one of the hardest quilt patterns - the double wedding ring. The instructions even say "advanced." This particular quilt pattern has only a few actual square pieces in it. The majority of the pieces are angled or arced. To save money, I will only be using pieces out of my scrap collection (which is quite large and fills at least one tub and perhaps part of another) for the majority of the quilt. The white background fabric I might have to purchase because I don't believe I have anything large enough for the entire quilt. So what do you think? Attempt or no?

Yes, i know I have many other things on my mind right now, not the least of which is baby #2 and possibly moving again, but perhaps a challenging quilt would be just the thing to take my mind off those things for a while? Of course there is no way i can get this finished before baby #2 arrives - at least I highly doubt it which will also mean that it will take the back burner for a while, maybe even a year or two.

You can vote to the right of this post.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is the option for a really cool westerny-countryish throw quilt for the back of luke and Ally's couch?

Regi said...

uhhhh - i didn't know they needed one.

Amy said...

Go for it, you can do it.

Anonymous said...

Sure, go for it! You can take your time and do it as you find a moment or two.

Sometimes buying a nice permanent press bed sheet works well for quilting.