BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 11, 2011

Vera who?

Now, I've heard that gals will pay some ridiculous prices for a Vera Bradley handbag or tote or whatever. I can't figure out what all the hype is about? I have seen blogs where folks line up for hours waiting to get into an outlet for a Vera Bradley sale. Admittedly I don't own any - too expensive if you ask me.

I got tired of sewing a bunch of tiny scraps to a piece of paper this week (double wedding ring quilt) so I went to Joann's and used my 50% off coupon and bought a pattern for $4 and a white zipper for $2 and 4 buttons for $5.50. This was the outcome.


Rylee is modeling this purse for me - look for her on the home shopping network in about 20 years :)







I decided it needed some more buttons so I went back to Joann's today with another coupon and bought four more buttons for $3.50. I added some of my own touches to their pattern with the extra buttons and turned the flaps up on the corners of this pocket. Not bad for my first one eh? (and yes, i used a machine to quilt the actual green material - that isn't handquilted...gasp!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Regina! I must admit that I am a Vera Bradley fan, however I haven't bought one since I've been married, I guess just trying to be more frugal. But what I like about the Vera Bradley's were all the pockets and compartments that most other purses don't have. I didn't always care for some of the fabric colors (not a big fan of paisley), but I loved how functional they were.
You are one talented lady. This will be the first of many I'm sure.
Can't wait to see more!
Sommer

Regi said...

Thanks Sommer! I should mention - the inside has several pockets that can be made different sizes. I put a pen slot and two medium pockets on one side and 3 large ones on the other :)

Brenda said...

Wow - that's awesome! Love it!

Dixie said...

Very cool!!

Heidi said...

Awesome! I love making quilted purses, totes and wallets. So much fun!

Liz said...

Wow! That's really cute! I love that look - bought fabric and asked a lady to make me my very first diaper bag with that look...several years ago now. You did great!