BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Evening Inspiration


I have this certain adversity to being disciplined on Saturday. I think perhaps the very word Saturday inspires a rebellion in and of itself, which could explain why I was still awake at 2:30 on Saturday morning. The fact that my work week does not include Saturday seemingly sets me free to be as lazy as possible. And we must also take into consideration that if Mother Nature decides this earth needs a bath on any given Saturday, it seems only right that I shouldn't interrupt her by popping up my olive green umbrella to ward off her showers. So I take the opportunity to sleep while she continues her work.

Of course, that doesn't give me an excuse for this Saturday. I awoke at a bright and early 12:30pm. Early afternoon that is. The sun was shining so brightly it is a wonder that alone didn't wake me. My current bed is not actually a bed at all. It is a 1986 blue 6 foot couch with three cushions that refuse to stay in their correct positions. It is situated in the living room so that I am facing the large glass patio doors. It is also a wonder that I didn't hear my sister and her friend walk right by me to the front door, as they eagerly anticipated their morning swim. The door even has 4 golden bells on it. (Perhaps I should get my hearing checked? The door is 10 foot away.) Our room mate was heading out the door as I was falling out of the couch.

Approximately an hour later, I was standing in JCPenney when my cellular rang. I glanced at the read out and it was not a number I recognized but I answered it anyway. "Where are you?" my sister asked. I answered "the mall." Apparently she and her friend had returned to the apartment to find themselves locked out. Now how was I to know they were down the block at the pool? They were standing in the upstairs hall outside our door, dripping wet. I found it rather hilarious myself until I realized she called me because I was supposed to come and unlock it for them. (I did actually find a way out of that assignment.)

I spent the rest of the afternoon searching high and low for a gift. Apparently September is the month for weddings. A friend of mine is also getting married that month and her shower is tomorrow. I decided on a hodge podge of items, including but not limited to: candles, wicker balls, a basket, sconces etc. After about 9 foot of wired ribbon and 7 foot of small regular ribbon, I was able to make a bow. La Senora did her best to educate us in all things quilts and scrapbooking but I don't recall a class on "bow" making. So after about 20 minutes of trying, this is what I came up with. I emailed the picture to my mom (the most creative preson I know) and she gave her stamp of approval so that is something I admit. Of course this creative ribbon making session had been preceded by a rather long and heated discussion.
I had been out furniture "shopping." It is quite hard to shop with no money but nonetheless I gave the appearance. A nice light tan leather couch had caught my attention. In my price range (or at least my future price range) I was sure my fiance would be as delighted. He was until he realized he would not be permitted to eat on the couch. I insisted the dining room would suit nicely for stuffing one's face. Compromise! I think that is a key word in a relationship. I agreed that eating on the brand new light leather couch could possibly be permitted if thick blankets were covering every inch of exposed leather. Mr. Cottage Cheese and Pineapple also compromised and agreed that perhaps the dining room would be an acceptable place to eat as well. I am glad God has given me a man who is willingly to compromise. I can't imagine what it would be like otherwise.
Not long ago, Jason was in Kentucky and insisted on a "surprise" date. We had agreed to dress up and get a few pictures taken. My roommate, BB, as she is affectionately called, is quite good with a camera and obliged. It was pretty warm outside so we didn't get many pictures, but I was happy with the results. Keep in mind that we had our pictures taken in a cemetary, granted, a rather nicely landscaped one. After a few pictures later, we escaped the graveyard and headed out. I insisted he tell me which state it was in, Indiana, Ohio or Kentucky. I deduced it was in Kentucky. That eliminated my guess of Montgomery Inn, until I realized there was a Montgomery Inn in Kentucky. I said "that's where we are going, isn't it?" He grinned and said " I can't believe how good a guesser you are." Then we passed the exit to the restaurant and I gave him a puzzled look. He explained " I didn't say you guessed correctly, I just said you were a good guesser." I punched him on the arm and tried to quickly come up with another restaurant. Nothing came to mind. As we neared the Ohio River, I just couldn't think of another restaurant. He had said that I hadn't been there before. Then we turned into a hotel parking lot.
The Radisson!! If you've ever been down 75 south through Cincinnati and over the river, you can see the Radisson right beside the highway. It is a circular building. The top floor is a revolving restaurant. I was quite excited. We found our seats without falling. It's rather interesting to realize you are walking on a moving floor. We requested a table on the outside near the window. After being there for an hour and a half, we had rotated back to our original position, facing south, but the city on the north was beautiful during sunset. In the picture, Paul Brown Stadium (Bengals) is on the left and the Great American Ball Park (Reds) is on the right. Yes, I would have to say I do have a rather wonderful, romantic fiance. Sometimes I feel like I have to keep up with him in the romantic idea department but that's okay. If you ever get a chance, it is a very neat place. You don't actually have to order anything from the restaurant. They have a lounge area with couches and chairs to just sit and watch the cities (or states) go by. What can I say? God must have known I needed someone with a few romantic bones in his body, because I seem to have trouble in that area. That's not to say I don't like being romantic, I am just not as creative as he is. I love you, Jason David Baker.

0 comments: