BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 22, 2007

Sew Wonderful


Thanks to my mother and father, I received a nice Kenmore sewing machine for Christmas. I love to quilt (thanks mom! thanks senora finch!) I remember my mom quilting and then Senora Finch gave a class on quilting and what a blast that was. I have a twin size quilt completely done except for the binding around the outer edge. It's been done a couple years now but I didn't have my own machine so I couldn't do it. Now I will be able to finish it soon.
Right now I am working on a small crib quilt. I had all the blocks done on Saturday and finished putting them all together yesterday afternoon (snow!) and tonight. I basted everything together and started quilting a couple blocks tonight. I love to quilt. I like that even more than putting the blocks together I think.
I can't wait to do another large quilt. I am trying to come up with some cool colors to do it in. I was thinking a black and white with music notes for a friend in the Cayman Islands, but that might be a little beyond my scope. I would probably go color blind from all the black and white.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is so cool that you are making a crib quilt. I am excited.

Anonymous said...

That's cool. Have you ever consider giving classes? I would love to learn!! Linda

Regi said...

Dad!!! The quilt isn't for me. It's for a friend that is having a baby. Good grief!!

As far as giving classes, I suppose I could. It is fairly simple though as long as your have a sewing machine and a few tools. Thanks to my mom and senora finch I feel like I have a pretty good handle on quilting. There are still some blocks that I find hard to do, obviously the circles and curves etc.

Anonymous said...

Oh, shoot!

Anonymous said...

yeah, you could teach someone else how to do it, regi. you and lyndie were my best students! i'm jealous that you find time to quilt. i really miss it, but i'm afraid i won't get back to it until all the kids are gone or i retire :{

lyndie said...

is there a REASON you're making a crib quilt?- or is it just the overacheiver in you, getting prepared WAY ahead of time? ;) just checking.
thanks to a friend, lg's, encouragement, i now proudly display my J-term quilt in my LR. i often wonder if i'll ever be able to tackle and complete such a project again. i have a few friends eager to start their first quilts and are pressing me to join them. BUT, i protest, I DON'T EVEN HAVE TIME FOR SCRAPBOOKING! i did recently aquire a really nice thimble tho...

Regi said...

WOW! You guys are hilarious! Yes right now I am working on quilting in the evenings. I usually stick some laundry in, put something on for supper, turn on an investigative show (i love to listen to them) and quilt away.

We have this think called DVR that allows us to record shows. I rarely ever watch live TV unless it is some kind of sport. I record all kinds of Forensic files, the investigators and stuff like that, just so I can turn them on and listen while I quilt.

You could retire early Mrs. F!

Regi said...

think=thing

Linda, I have been endorsed by my own quilting teacher, so if you want lessons I suppose i could try.

Oh and LYN, I can hardly believe that I didn't say the crib quilt wasn't for me. I even thought of that while I was typing it that people were going to think it was for me and i totally forgot to add it in there. Whoops! NO I am not working that far in advance. GRIN

Anonymous said...

It seems like you are having a terrible time telling us that the quilt is for "someone else".

Nancy said...

I've got to know who is Senora Finch...I think I knew someone by that name...curious if it's the same person. I admire your ability to quilt. I always tell Chris when the kids are grown and gone, I'm going to sit around quilting with a cat or two curled up on my lap!By then, you should have a houseful of quilts. lol

Regi said...

Senora Finch was my spanish teacher in highschool, but has remained a great friend of mine. Our Christian school had what was called "J-term" for January. We had only two classes a day and they were kewl classes like scrapbooking and quilting, both of which I took from Mrs. Finch, whom I usually refer to as Senora Finch. You can click on her name above "~d" and it will lead you to her blog.