BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Quick Trip

Woohoo!!! Texas was a blast. It was around 80 degrees down there and thank goodness I packed sandals and short sleeves. It was beautiful! Jason and I both enjoyed being with my aunt, uncle and cousins. They usually travels 3 out of 4 weekends a month, doing concerts all over the country. My aunt was just recently booked to play at Carnegie Hall the day after Thanksgiving. What a privilege!!!

Unloading the bus on Friday night in Oklahoma City.


The "bottle" shaped mirror on the ceiling of Big Red.

Uncle Phil loves to drive his "machine."

Olivia runs off some of her energy by circling the church several times before the concert.




Aunt Kim tests out the piano.



Terrell, Texas - Jay and "Curley"




Aunt Kim and Jeff Stice (pianist for the Triumphant Quartet)



Headed to Ihop to eat after tearing down the product table and the sound equipment.





Brook and Court "fiddlin" for the crowd.



Lil Phil (who isn't really that little) sets up most of the sound equipment on his own.



Kim and Jeff wow the crowd with an impromptu piano duet.

All said and done, it was probably the quickest 5 days in my life but boy was it a blast. I would love to travel and see new things like they do, but I think the "people" aspect would drive me nuts. So many folks want to talk to them. The product table is mobbed after the concerts. I was mistaken for Courtney and Jay was mistaken for Phil several times. One lady said "I just enjoy your music so much!" The funny part is right behind their table is an 8 foot backdrop with the Collingsworth family picture. I am nowhere in the picture and yet people kept telling ME how great "we" were. Laughable to say the least since I can barely play Chopsticks on the piano!

5 comments:

Charity said...

Great to see you too! Believe it or not, I got mistaken for one of the Collingsworths also! One lady came up after the concert and said I looked "different in street clothes" and made a comment about enjoying it and the group coming back. :) Anyway, y'all come back!! :)

Belle said...

Welcome Home! I am glad you had a fun and safe trip!!

Anonymous said...

You can play Chopsticks?! Cool pictures.

blondyluvzyou said...

It was fun wasn't it!? :) I sure thought so! Great pics!

Nancy said...

I enjoyed the pictures and you write very interestingly...or is it just that you have a lot of interesting things to blog about??? either way, I enjoy reading your blog. Sounded like fun!