BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Quiltin' away.....

Sunday afternoons are perfect for quiet quilting time. Jay usually goes to sleep right after lunch, but today he stayed up for a little while and even took pictures of me working on my quilt.

This coming weekend Jay and I will be traveling to Oklahoma and Texas with my aunt, uncle and cousins. They will be doing three concerts this weekend. Since Jay has a CDL and has driven dozens of similar buses, they asked him to assist on this trip since the drive time will be so long. Coming back from Corpus Chrisi on Sunday night through Monday will be about 21 hours.I get to meet some of his family in Oklahoma and keep him awake while he is driving. He gave up Mt. Dew for Lent so I will have to be his caffeine I suppose. (I gave up warm gooey peanutbutter popcorn!)

Below is the bus we will be traveling in. I've been on it several times and ridden it a couple times, but never for longer than a couple hours. My aunt asked if I was ready. I told her I wasn't too sure about the 20+hour trip but I would try. I can't imagine doing this all the time. (picture from www.thecollingsworthfamily.com) (Oh and by the way, we call the bus Big Red. It usually isn't this low to the ground, but this was taken in Florida when it was stuck in the sand...oops! WINK)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the easiest bus to drive that I have ever driven. 'Course, it's the only bus I've ever driven, but it was fun to drive it to New York and Pennsylvania. Jason will be a fine driver. I hope I get to drive for them again sometime.

Anonymous said...

i'm giving up lent for lent since my husband wouldn't let me give up cooking...

have fun!

Regi said...

HHHmmmm...i take it he doesn't cook often?

Dad I am sure you will get to drive again soon.

Jenn said...

Hey girl!! I see you are quite the quilter!! You'll have to teach me sometime! Paul is now working 2nd shift so I have lots of time after Katrin goes to bed. We need to get together some Saturday evening. Your blog looks great!

Regi said...

Hey jenn! Glad to hear from you!

Charity said...

Hey, Regi!

Remember me? :) I like the blog! Mark and I will see you in Terrell Saturday night! Awesome quilts, by the way!!

Char said...

ooohhh, I,m so jealous that you get to travel the USA...Dave and I look forward to the day when we can take trips across America "from sea to shining sea" -- our boys have been to more places than we have! Enjoy the ride - even if most of it is in the dark! Love your quilts too - my mom is an incredible quilter, only she has someone piece it for her than does all the hand stitching. I don't think I'd have the patience! Enjoy your blog.

Tim and Kristina said...

Hope you had a great trip! I know what you mean about driving all those long hours sounds like a great time to sleep to me!!!