BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 02, 2007

6 months!!!!

Well, after a horrible weekend, I am feeling better now. On Saturday, I worked over 8 hours running public visitation at the jail. Yay! The highlight of the day was when Jay arrived with a plate full of warm chocolate chip cookies for me to share with the jailers on shift.

I arrived home Saturday evening and found my hubby of 6 months snoring away and I thought the couch looked like a good place to relax...err...sleep. When Jay woke me up about 6 p.m. I was done for the weekend. Headache (from sinuses), drippy nose, my diaphragm was achy and tired from sneezing about 50 times while working that morning at the jail. I went to sleep and for all intents and purposes didn't really wake up until this morning. Almost 36 hours of sleep. I did of course wake many, many times to blow my nose and keep Jay awake with my sneezing. He did prepare a good Sunday dinner which I woke up to help him eat.


After a particularly horrible Monday, I am still tired. On average I get hung up on about once a day and of course cussed out about once a week (and it's fun to hang up on them!) So after a "fun" day I arrive home to 75 degree sunshine....and 10 kids surrounding MY patio playing kickball where 1 out of 3 kicks slams against our apartment wall. Now why in tarnation would these kids pick right beside our apartment to play kickball? The side wall of our apartment is about 10 feet away from the DUMPSTER and about 12 feet of concrete drive. If you turn around and look the other direction (AWAY from our apartment) there is a large green grass area, PERFECT for kickball. Just think, this is the next generation. GRRR!
So tonight to take my mind of the screeching kids and thudding of the ball against my wall, Jay and I went out to eat at Cheddars, a casual cafe with good prices. Below is a summary of our night out. Enjoy!
Flowers from Jay for our 6 month anniversary, last Friday!



One of my favorite weddings photos in a brand new frame



Now why would you put this lovely sign right beside the dumpster, at the back of the building?
Don't ask me but that is where it was!

While awaiting Jay's arrival, I decide this rock water fountains is kinda neat.



He wanders to my car only to tell me that he has been sitting at the table for 10 minutes. Falling into the typical Monday category, I had left my phone at home, so I had no idea he was already there.


Your friendly Shred-it Man!



After a yummy dinner of grilled tilapia and mango salsa, I follow the Hand.

Do these orange barriers mean anything to you? Apparently Jay thought they were a turn lane and nearly ran over them!


Which, I was sure to tell him, would have landed him here....



After an uneventful 2 miles on the highway, we exit where Jay decides turning on red is no big deal. But in this case it was a red ARROW.

I, the lawful citizen that I am, decide my car accelerates only at green lights.



After a quick reprimand to Mr. Baker, he decides to stop......at the bus stop sign!



Alas, we arrive at home, where thankfully the kids have decided to utilize the monkey bars Away from the apartment. Imagine that! (We're still looking for the delinquents that shoved our sign over)

My 6 month anniversary gift from Jay. However, due to the enormous popularity of the kick ball game, relaxing here warrants several balls in the lap as this is foul territory (can you tell I am bitter?)

Me and my honey sitting on the swing. I love you, Jay!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking one time "you" kicked a ball into the window some place and broke a fan... That was probably when you were about the age of the brats around your apartments. I think that was Friday the 13th. By the way, there is a Friday the 13th just around the corner!

Regi said...

Well that was AT school and it was Friday the 13th so that was different!

lyndie said...

congrats on 6 months! talapia and porch swings- a great way to celebrate.
i like your watercooler thingy too! it's so fun to make things fresh and new.
God bless your next 6 months, and may He protect you from kickball.

Beth said...

congrats Regi on 6 months. I just found you blog. I just started on 2 days ago. Amy also started one.
Mine is michaelandbeth.blogspot.com amy also started one. hers is monteandamy.blogspot.com

Love your cousin
Beth