BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 30, 2007

Wooheeee

I can't believe April is gone. Time flies when you are having fun...or something like that.

This, my dear friends, is my comfort food. Thursday was an extremely bad day for me. Yes, tears included. So my wonderful honey, Jay, brought me comfort food for supper. On the left, cheesy onion mashed potatoes from TGI Fridays, Mt. Dew, guacamole, queso, queso blanco, and wildfire dips from Don Pablos along with their traditional chips and salsa. No I didn't eat it all. Jay did help, but it was definitely yummy!

Then on Saturday, I surprised Jay with a trip to Kings Island. I, for one, despise waiting in line for hours for 45 seconds of upside down, mind numbing, stomach churning rides. Nonetheless, knowing how much he likes it, I bought the tickets and joined him for about 3 hours. Then we headed to our car to eat (much cheaper.) By that time, the Dramamine must not have worked for me, because my tummy was a little queasy. So while I slept for about 3 hours in the car, Jay enjoyed some more rides. We wore these shirts which a couple of our friends had made for our honeymoon. We figure we can still wear them for the first year. Wink!

In case you are interested, here is an update on the "kickball fiends." They have definitely calmed it down. The management said they were having problems with them as well and some of them no longer live here, but there are still a few who think its fun to terrorize our patio. Yesterday, Jay was attempting to take a nap during the afternoon hours. I was in the living room quilting when I heard the herd arrive. I decided I wasn't going to take the agonizing screaming and annoying bickering this afternoon. So as soon as I heard the volume outside start to increase I ventured out to the patio and glanced around the corner. AND we wonder why society is going downhill. They were playing IN the dumpster and yes there was trash in there. Aggggghh! I told them, kindly, that they needed to get out of the dumpster and move over to the grassy area in the middle. Of course, one little booger asked "why?" To any normal kid, I would think dumpster diving would be some kind of initiation, not "fun." Sigh, when will it all end?

3 comments:

Tim and Kristina said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! Thursday must have been the day for bad days, hope everything is better.

Kris

Janella Thompson said...

Ah...nothing beats comfort food on a bad day.
KINGS ISLAND!!! I want to go there this summer so bad. I haven't been for like 3 years or more!
Glad to hear the "kick ball field" is getting better.

Paul and Candy said...

I enjoy reading your blog. You are funny..Stop and see us sometime.

Paul