BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 11, 2007

Black and White Puzzle

Well, tonight I get to choose how I want the blocks to lay out in the quilt top. I have them all put together and I am using the floor like a table for a puzzle. I am choosing where to put the blocks so that I don't have the same printed material touching a matching block. It's kinda fun and it is definitely rewarding to see the pattern taking place. I can't wait to get this together.

On this black and white quilt, the pattern has a bonus. You can sew an extra "seam" on the block and it produces another little block that can be used for another quilt. So I did that and with all the, what would have been scrap material, I have blocks for another quilt! They are small but at least they are all put together. Who knows what I will do with them. I might make a small little lap quilt or use them in another quilt later. I haven't decided.

The small "scrap" blocks that I would normally would have thrown away if I hadn't known how about sewing the extra "seam."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooo, i like it :)

Charity said...

Very cool!! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Tim and Kristina said...

I love it!! Can't wait to see it finished.

Kris

Regi said...

Wow! I had no idea I would get so many comments on a plain black and white quilt. I am definitely liking it but I didn't know if others would agree. Most quilts have so much color. I, of course, am already trying to decide what colors to do my next one. I am thinking orange and yellow possibly.