BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Fat Albert's Graduation Party

Well, also known as Ally, Allyson etc. I don't really know why Dad started calling her Fat Albert but he did that a long time ago. I even wrote Fat Albert on her graduation card. In case you can't tell by the pictures, she is 18 and can still wear kids clothes so Fat doesn't really describe her. We had a good showing of people despite the very cloudy sky and a couple spits of rain. There was plenty of volleyball, pony rides for the kids, go-karting for those who could reach the pedals, ping pong and of course, food for all. It was a blast and yes I am sore today. I even have this burn on my lower calf from trying to ride hunt seat on Dan before the crowd arrived. Ouch!

Cousin Courtney and Ally as they primp to impress.


Yes, here I sit in my Napa Racing ball cap just waiting for people to arrive... passing the time by whip stitching the binding onto my last project, a lap quilt.





Brent and Holley put the strings on the many blue and white balloons.


Dad and Dani try to unwind the mass of volleyball net. Volleyball is like a Lavy tradition or something. No party is complete without it.





Dad carefully measures the court. I know....he is a little crazy, but we love him.




Dani rides AJ, Ally's green broke palomino. AJ is only 3 years old and still learning but I think she is a beautiful color. She is for sale if anyone is interested..wink! (WILMA)



Me and Dandy Asset (Dan). I was saddling him up when Jay arrived with the camera. This is Ally's show horse whom she graciously allowed me to ride. Of course I got a burn from the stupid saddle but that was because I didn't have any boots...I still had a blast! I think he was sticking his tongue out at Jay.



Dad faithfully paints the volleyball lines. He also went down to the go-kart track and painted a start/finish line for the go-kart races. I believe he still ended with the quickest time but then again it is his track.




2 comments:

Lavy Country said...

AJ is a sweetie -- I'll have to convince my man that we really need another horse -- that's not going to be easy. We had a blast. Soft ball is on for this wknd. Call me.

Anonymous said...

I was just getting warmed up for racing at Myrtle Beach Speedway in a couple of weeks. Thanks to my early Father's Day present I have 5 laps in a stock car waiting for me. Thanks, kids. Congratulations to Fat Albert for finally making it through school.