BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 28, 2007

Day 2 - Grand Canyon, AZ

Well, as the saying goes, there is simply no way to describe the natural beauty that I beheld today. We spent many hours in nature today and I am ready to go back for more. It is beyond words so I will just put some pictures on here. I took over 200 pictures today and I am going to have a terrible time picking and choosing.

~d - it isn't that I won't allow him to go. I am just scared for him. I have a healthy sense of adventure. I just know if I did something like that I would probably throw up and ruin the rest of my day.

He freaked me out a few times today. There are no bars at many places along the rim of the Grand Canyon. Jason can sometimes be klutzy and he was scaring me to death.

Oh and one exciting thing. Sunday night (our one year anniversary) we had reserved a nice hotel in Las Vegas. Today we found the most awesome place and we changed our reservation. The lodge is on the very edge of the Grand Canyon. We reserved a room overlooking the Grand Canyon for our one year anniversary. I am so excited. I would love to watch the sun rise over the canyon!
Little House on the Prairie (or at least it reminds me of it.)


Holy Dove Mountain Church - the tiniest, weirdest shaped church I have ever seen.
Handsome man, sweet car, mountain=natural beauty


Enjoying one of my favorite things in the world - riding in a convertible on a nice day.
The land beyond the "mountain" in this picture is the Painted Desert.
The Watchtower was built in the 1930's so that you could have a panoramic view of the Canyon. We went to the top of it. Here are a few pictures of the inside of it as well.


The road back to Flagstaff was very beautiful and scenic.


After a long day of walking and seeing everything, we arrived back at our Radisson Woodlands Hotel.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow is all I can think of. Those are some awesome pictures. Must be unbelievable to see everything in real life.

Belle said...

Beautiful!!!

Brenda said...

Wow - these pictures are amazing! Looks like a really neat place to visit.