BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 14, 2007

Romance, River and Railway


AHHHHH I am so excited. Tonight I found out where we are headed in a couple weeks for our one year anniversary.

To start out with, Jay told me he wanted to go on a date tonight. He sent me a text in the middle of the day that said he had made reservations for 8 p.m. On the way to the restaurant I snapped this photo of the new building going up in Covington called The Ascent. It's a weirdly shaped building that comes to a point at the top. We arrived at Mike Fink's. A really neat restaurant in an old boat on the river. Our table was about 3 feet above the water. It has floor to ceiling windows and it is really beautiful. We had a candlelit dinner of Alaskan Crab Ragoon, Mardi Gras Chicken and Chicken Parmesean over angel hair pasta. Yummy!

Before we started eating, Jay whipped out the "vacation binder." He used the same binder for our honeymoon plans so he just added our 1 year anniversary plans in the same one and we are going to keep adding to it over the years. It will be neat to look at it down the road.

Inside the restaurant looking over the river to Cincy.
.

So....we are flying out of Dayton, Ohio....non-stop to............LAS VEGAS!!! Then we are renting a convertible and heading to Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon where Jay has already reserved our spots on the Grand Canyon Railway tour. How kewl! I have always wanted to go to the Grand Canyon and Jay is going to make my dream come true. I always wanted to ride a horse in the canyon just like on the old westerns. He has already got our tickets for a one hour trail ride. It is crazily expensive down there but I think we will have a blast. I will definitely be taking tons of pictures to show y'all. We are looking at a helicopter tour which I think would definitely be awesome to do also. Love you, Jay!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is really neat. I am glad you have a husband who likes to take you places. Wow, riding in the "old west"! I must have a "full report" after the trip.

Liz said...

Wow! Tell Jay I he's really coming in a close second to Darrell for "Most Romantic!" :>) How fun!
Lizzy

Beth said...

Wow! You two have a great time.

Anonymous said...

u guys r g8t & will hav a blast. Its a gd roadtrp frm Vegas 2 GG. Many memories!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. you guys are gonna have a trip of a lifetime! I'm speaking from experience when I say, you will be in complete awe the whole trip. If you guys have time to watch a show in Las Vegas, you have to see "O" by Cirque du Soleil. Its at the Belaggio hotel. I cried through the whole show and was completely mezmorized. you will never see a show like it. It is a clean, romantic show. Flagstaff is absolutely beautiful. You would never think you are in Arizona. I really want to go back in the winter. Be sure to take in the wildlife while you are there.
The Grand Canyon is breathtaking. Be sure to catch a great spot for your sunsets everynight. Though I didn't get to do it, I would definitely recommend the helicopter ride over the Canyon. You will get to see a whole lot more then you will by car or foot.
You guys will not wanna come home. When you do, you will long to be back there again. I can't waite to see your pictures!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful husband you have to take such good care of you!! Have a glorious time as you celebrate one year as a team. Blessings on you both

Amy said...

Looks like you are going to have a wonderful time. Have lots of fun, don't you just love it when your husband makes your dreams come true.

meluvzmb said...

Wow Regi! You looked beautiful on your date at Finks. Married life is definitely agreeing with you. Have a great trip, you two are special! ~Kim V ~

Anonymous said...

So do you have a pot going for the gambling? I'm in for $20. Always bet on black!