BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Frazier Fir

This year I insisted that we get a Christmas tree that wasn't prickly. I hate those needles when you step on them. Since I am still not feeling the greatest Jay agreed to tackle the Christmas tree buying while I found all the decorations. He found a nice little tree and strapped it to the top of Jasper and the needles aren't prickly at all. It has a few holes and is totally perfect. Fake trees are too perfect sometimes.

I am not a decorator at all, but I love all the gold and cream decorations. I am not a colored lights person. I just like plain white lights.
I found these cute little cream colored boards with sparkly gold paint at Cracker Barrel a few weeks ago in Virginia. I thought they would be perfect for my tree.


10 comments:

NatalieJo said...

Regi,
Thought I would stop by and say hello. My husband Seth and I went to school with Jason and your cousin Amy is my SIL.
I enjoy reading your blog and love seeing all your pictures!
You and Jason are just adorable! :)
Very jealous of all the quilts you make too...they are awesome! Do you ever sell them?
Please tell Jason we said hello!
Natalie Herring

LJL said...

I think that was Santa by Jasper, wasn't it?

~~anna~~ said...

Hey! You're back amongst the living! Glad you're at least feeling well enough to decorate your tree.
I really like your Cracker Barrel ornaments. Was that the CB in Lynchburg? You were within minutes of where David's sister, Shan, lives. Did you find the Barnes and Noble and Michael's crafts at the next shopping center?

Regi said...

Hello Natalie! Glad to hear from you. I believe I remember who you are. Janella Hilligoss T. is my cousin and I believe you would have went to school at the same place as her also. Jay sais "hi!" back.

Yes, Dad, that was My Santa taking the tree off of Jaspers roof.

Hey Anna, I don't think that was the same Cracker Barrel but then again, I didn't know where I was half the time while we were down there. I just ride around in the car ;O)

Regi said...

Oops, forgot to answer Natalie's question. So far I have not sold any. I haven't tried. I have given a couple away. There doesn't seem to be a huge market for handmade HAND quilted quilts. Usually a quilter can made a machine quilted quilt much quicker and more easily and those seem to be the "rage" right now.

~~anna~~ said...

As far as I know, there is only one Cracker Barrel in Lynchburg, right across the street from one of the entrances to Liberty.

Nancy said...

Your tree is very pretty. I miss the "real" tree days....you almost make me want a real tree again! That is, until time to dismantle it... :)

Anonymous said...

well, as you know, my fake trees have been far from perfect....

Regi said...

LOL well ~d I think you would probably be the exception. I love that pic of you and Marley!

Anonymous said...

thanks, regi - cami took that one :)