BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day

Most of you folks probably know that several months ago, Jay and I decided it would be a good idea to wear wedding bands. There were several reasons and prayers behind our decision. Our first pair I found on Ebay for less than a nickel. I realized that these would not last that long but I was totally inexperienced with purchasing rings. Ring sizes were a whole new idea since I had never worn a ring before.

I tried again and found a steel ring for Jay for $1.00 that actually fit his finger. Recently, I told Jay that I would like a ring that would last forever. When I arrived home on Valentine's Day after a 14 hour work day, I saw the below paper right inside our apartment door. There were several more "hints" that I followed around the apartment until I found my Valentine's gift.

My Valentine's Day gift - a ring. Incidentally, jewelers call this ring a "forever" ring or an "eternity" ring. It symbolizes our love and marriage bond that will last forever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that looks a lot like mine! after losing two diamonds over the span of our marriage, i asked todd if (for christmas/birthday/valentines day - they are all close together) i could have a simpler wedding band that wouldn't get caught on clothing and gloves. he got me the wrong thing, but i returned it (yes, after 20 some years i do that) and got what i really wanted.....one very much like yours. you'll love it!

Anonymous said...

oh, tell him i said he did very, very well!!

Regi said...

Thanks, ~d! I really like it too. I did give him some pretty big "hints" if you know what I mean. It is very dainty and small which is perfect for me.