BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Splash and Dash's remaining 5%

From what I understand, most folks didn't notice that the last post said 95% complete regarding the quilt. I didn't want to post again until I could show you the last 5% of the Splash and Dash quilt. Wink! You'll see why below.



In the center of each star, I quilted a name that we have called her over the years.

This particular name is something Dad calls her. I don't remember when he first started calling her that. Such a weird name, Murdock.

Dani got her a couple things, including these brilliant green shoes.
Mom has been working on her room. Here are a couple pics.


The other exciting thing I got to do this weekend, was meet David and Lyndie's new little gal, Yosi. Such a sweet little thing. Lyn is positively glowing and I am so happy for them. I got to give away another quilt. Two in one weekend, must be some kind of record!


Yosi doesn't seem as impressed as her mom at the quilt :o)


David is working on getting all the packaging "stuff" off the toy phone. Notice the huge ball of yarn. Apparently, this is more than just a conversation piece as a blanket has been made from this ball of yarn and look how large it still is!

How cute!

Thanks Dave and Lyn for letting us drop in on a Saturday morning. It was great seeing you guys. (Feel free to highjack these pics if you want to.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lucky mom! lucky Yosi! both quilts are beautiful, and quilting the names of your mom was a brilliant touch.

oh, i wish i had the time....!!!

LJL said...

Mom loved the quilt, and now I see why it was 95% complete. And, what a cute Nilsen family!

~~anna~~ said...

Well you know my favorite part of this posting! and yes, I will be *highjacking* your pix!
That ball of yarn has been great fun to crochet afghans from. you can never run out of the 'right' color!