BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

A Tribute to A Korean War Veteran

I didn't know until after he died that he had been awarded a Silver Star. He rarely talked of the war until he obtained internet access and found some of his comrades from that era. Not outwardly affectionate, I knew he loved in an almost fierce way. He was and always will be my own hero of the Korean War. Although he never was able to view the memorial built in honor of his and others service in the war, he was a loyal American to his death. I love you Grandpa and I love you for your service to this great country, the United States of America.





5 comments:

~~anna~~ said...

Bob's stepdad was also in Korea. We have just a few pics he took there. When Shan and I went to DC a couple of years ago, we saw this memorial! Those figures and their stances were compelling.

Anonymous said...

that is so special!!! Probably a bittersweet moment.

Anonymous said...

todd's dad was a korean war vet, too, and this was one of my favorite memorials. i loved seeing ALL of them, though, while i was in DC a couple of years ago.

LJL said...

Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Makes me miss my Dad (your grandpa).