BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Finished: Sunlight on the Lily Pond

Yay! I absolutely love how this quilt turned out. So bright and cheery. I spent a lot of time with quilting patterns on the borders and even on each individual block. As you can see below, depending on what material the block was made of determined the pattern for it.

Blue squares have square quilting in them.

Light green blocks have the basket weave type quilting.

Paisley material - I just followed some of the squirly lines and quilted those.

This is the very center of the quilt. It's about 18"x18" and I quilted a puffy cloud type of pattern.

Pics of the borders.




11 comments:

Rebecca said...

Very beautiful, the blue and green combo remind me of my room as a child. Beautiful work, thank you for sharing!

Janella Thompson said...

So beautiful!!! YOu did so well!

Tim and Kristina said...

I LOVE it!!! Great job!

Jody J said...

I haven't checked your blog forever so had a lot of catchin' up! Congratulations on your move. Your life is getting ready to get interesting, but I know you already know that. It's great, though. :)
Travis will be so happy for Jay. (I'd wake him up to tell him, but then he wouldn't be happy with me. :))
Hope everything goes well for you guys.
Love the "Rice Paddy"!

LJL said...

Me and Mom went to the fair and saw quilts that were judged. Yours would have won first place. I know because I am a quilt expert.

My Life in Pictures said...

Wow, I would never have the patience for such a thing. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful and "sunny" looking. Congrats on another quilt well done. Love you guys.

Regi said...

Thanks to all for the comments. It definitely is one of my fave quilts so far. I love brightly colored quilts. I am working on a small lap quilt for the living room. It was pictured earlier, but only the top layer was done. I am quilting it now. But after that, I have no material for another quilt!!!

Andy said...

How much do you charge for a quilt like this? I love it!

Regi said...

Hey, Andy! I don't set prices for my quilts because I rarely want to get rid of them after I spend so many hours on them. However, I did figure it up for one quilt. At $3 an hour for just the hand quilting, the quilt would cost $1,000. That doesn't include material or time spent actually putting the quilt together. To date, I haven't sold any quilts. I just give them away or use them for decoration.

Unknown said...

LOVE the colors!!!