BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Trying my hand....

Unlike my sister and my mom, I am not a decorator. So today after a rather hectic work day, I headed to Hobby Lobby to try my hand at picking out some decorations. Of course, since my walls are Rice Paddy green I took my paint chip along with me to compare. After an hour and 40 minutes of searching I decided that finding Rice Paddy green, Cranberry and soft white all in the same decoration was nearly impossible. I found one thing that had all those colors in it and the only reason I found it was because I found something really cute in the wrong color and found it hiding behind it.
My quilt isn't put together yet but the top is finished. I spread the quilt top on the couch and put my finds on top of my wooden chest. So Alanna, here is your picture :o)



I did find a small reddish gold picture frame that went well so that is sitting on the quilt.

6 comments:

Kelly S said...

Very cute! You did a good job. Decorating comes with practice. I'm still learning. My mom and my sisters are fabulous decorators, but for some reason I didn't inherit the talent! I'm learning though! Just have confidence in yourself!

Tim and Kristina said...

Looks great! I love the colors you picked. You did a great job!

Alanna said...

Wow - It looks wonderful! With all the colors in the quilt you can accent with different colors too. How fun! :)

I'm wanting to paint one wall in my room a darkish plum color to accent my white, black, and pink colors. I guess I'm a bit eclectic and contemporary! :) But with school starting - I don't see it getting done in awhile! :)

I know it'll feel good when you get everything done and decorated! Doing a great job so far! :)

Anonymous said...

Good job, Regi and I like the trunk sitting in front of the couch. Decorating with words is something I like to do, too. God bless you in your role as pastor's wife. Maybe we can come down sometime and see you both at work -- in your church!!

Anonymous said...

can't go wrong with hobby lobby!

Unknown said...

You definitely started out right by going to Hobby Lobby...for all your home decorating AND...SCRAPBOOK NEEDS!!! :) HA HA!