BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 07, 2008

What a Day That Will Be!

Dee, in response to your question regarding the quilt: "...what were you thinking and feeling as you pieced this together?" Answer: a myriad of feelings. I shed many tears, my hands trembled more than once (so don't expect the corners to be perfect like yours :o), but mostly I wondered about my little one and what heaven must be like. I don't know if I will use this quilt for anything or just fold it up for later.

I also pondered this great wonder: My little one was taken from me. But what incredible mercy and grace our Father showed toward us when he willingly gave his ONLY Son to us when He knew we would reject and murder him. I shed tears even now as write this. The grief and sorrow I feel over a little one that I have never seen or held cannot be compared to the great love our Father showed us by sending His Son to earth and ultimately to His death. And to think, He sent His Son for us, for me. Before I even knew Him, His blood was already there to cover my sins if I only trusted in its cleansing power. Losing one of my own has made me realize how much of a sacrifice it would be to willingly give up a son. Of course, we all hear it, Sunday after Sunday, but it is when you experience it yourself that you realize "hey, this hurts!" I received a message from a friend today and I will quote her "Lean hard on Him. God can use this to make you a more beautiful person on the inside. It is the difficult places that make us more like Christ."
Last night was the toughest night so far. Seems like the evenings is when I get so emotional. My hubby is a wonderful teddy bear. He doesn't mind me getting tears all over him.
Today was my first day back on the job. I received a delivery of fall flowers this afternoon, along with this message. Such a wonderful husband and the perfect man for me.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Jason and Regi,
We were so sorry to hear about your loss and will be praying for you in the coming weeks. Love, PHilip and Marianne Brown

LJL said...

Tears.

Patty said...

Just wanted to let you know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers the last few days.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful testimony and declaration of faith, regi! your words are, i'm sure, a sweet offering back to the God who has indeed given you - and all of us - more than we deserve. thank you so much for sharing your heart.

Anonymous said...

"Lean hard on Him". I really, really like that Regi. Sometimes, in certain situations, that's all we can seem to do. Your flowers were lovely - and how lucky you are to have such a GREAT support system. You're in my thoughts. See you Monday (:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you!

~~anna~~ said...

What a beautifully written personal testimony of what God has done for us. He did it ALL, and he did it for US! for YOU! and for ME!

Tim and Kristina said...

Perfectly said...we really had a great time last night! Hope you enjoyed your PJ day!!