BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

....Sigh....

Last night was an adventure. We had Christmas program practice before service and the girls had to be back home by 7 p.m. So while Jay started his Bible study at 6:30 I took the girls home. On the way there, we had a slight problem. It looked like a garbage truck had lost it's load on the road, but I didn't have time to slow down and slowing down wouldn't have helped. It was across both lanes so I chose the least cluttered area and drove through it. Immediately this loud "whapping" sound took all three of us by surprise but after about 3 seconds the sound went away. I figured some of the trash had gotten caught in a wheel well.
I took the girls back home. They live at the top of a hill on a dirt road with huge potholes, but Jasper made it up the hill just fine. (This hill is so bad that the kids have to walk to the bus stop about 3/10 of mile down the hill. The bus can't made it up the hill.) I was headed back home when I thought something didn't sound quite right so I figured I would find something stuck in the wheel well when I got home or that the bumper was falling off...again. It's rusting out where the bumper clips on the car and it has fallen off before. I rolled up our driveway and popped out of my car. I had a flat driver side tire, like completely flat. I smelled the hot rubber odor and realized how God had really taken care of me. Kenton County sent us a notice to pay our registration on this car and they based our taxes on Jasper's value, $930. So total I drove about 12 miles on a flat tire, up a dirt hill and lots of holes and then back home in a bumper-defected $930 car with a flat tire :o)

I have not been in the Christmas mood. I haven't put out the first decoration or put up any lights. The farthest I have gotten into Christmas stuff is going to Jay's Christmas program practice. I had even told Jay maybe we should use the money we would use for our own Christmas tree to purchase one for a community family who can't afford one. My dear hubby, being a Christmas baby, just can't imagine Christmas without a tree. He hung icicle lights on the porch and put out the green garland around the columns on our porch. Tonight when I came home this is what greeted me from our living room.


Our mini tree

I took this so you could see how small it is.



I think this is the most adorable Christmas card ever. A friend of mine, Jenny, makes really neat cards and I saw these on her blog. I ordered a few to give out this year. You should check out her blog and I believe she also has an Ebay store.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! Thanks for the plug! LOL :) Glad you liked them!

Tim and Kristina said...

Cute little tree and I love the cards! Jenny has great talent for that, I don't have the patience ;-)

Saturday @ 2:00 if that still works for you guys??

Janella Thompson said...

Cute tree. I love the Believe ornament. Very cute. You have a Slightly overgrown Charlie Brown Tree!!! LOL

LJL said...

Looks like Jason is on the phone with the Christmas tree factory to see why his remote won't turn the tree on!

Anonymous said...

I sooo understand the times when it's hard to get in the celebration mood -- last year.....and when Mom went to heaven. Thank the Lord for a loving husband (or in my case a friend who put up my tree for me when I was grieving). Love you!!

Anonymous said...

i love the card! bet you could do it too :)

~~anna~~ said...

Your tree is the same size as ours! But ours came out of a box.
I miss being able to have a real one.