BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 10, 2009

Heart in my toes

It was about 2 minutes until 7 p.m. tonight and I was getting the lights queued up and ready to begin the program when all of a sudden, all the sound stopped. The prelude music that was playing just stopped. I immediately checked the sound board and power was still fine and the LED lights told me the board and the player were still functioning, so I knew it had something to do with the speakers.

I was in the sound room by myself and I really don't know enough about it. Jay was no where - I tried to change to another track thinking that there was something wrong with the CD. It was nerve racking since all the congregation got really quiet when the prelude music stopped as of course the people thought it was time to start. AGG! Finally I gave up and had to go find Jay and I explained what happened. He thought perhaps someone had hit the cord. He ran into the sanctuary and got on the floor near the front but the cord was fine. He ran back behind the platform and checked the circuit breakers. He flipped one and the sound came back on. Shoo!!!

I personally felt like it was the devil trying to sabotage us. It didn't work! It was back up and running with Jay's help and the drama went off without a hitch. All told I believe we were close to 100 people which is the most since we came to the church in August.

He is Risen!!!

2 comments:

LJL said...

Gotta have those little glitches.

aunt connie said...

I am so proud of you for running sound!! You just never know what you'll have to do as a pastor's wife!!