BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Wishful Thinking

Today was my cousin's baby shower. Katelynn Nicole is the name she has picked out for her little on who is supposed to arrive next month.

Dani holding little Madelynn

This is my attempt at trying to get my string to be exactly the width of her belly - I was off by about 10 inches---at least she didn't shoot me for thinking she was bigger than she really was!

She got a little emotional when she saw that I had made her a baby quilt. You may have noticed that I haven't been quilting lately - well actually, I have been! I just didn't post any pictures on here because I know she reads my blog and I was afraid she would suspicious when she saw the colors of this quilt - the exact colors she has picked out for her baby's room. Her husband provided me with the colors they had picked out. Thanks Jon!

Still a little tearful---I was a little tearful too. It was pretty tough working on a baby quilt especially when our babies were due 2 days apart, but I knew she would understand the significance and she can appreciate all the work that goes into a hand-quilted quilt. I think she liked it :o)

I named it Wishful Thinking - for two reasons, hers and mine.



Thanks to Jen and Leah for hosting the shower. They did a wonderful job! I even found a 'lurker' at the shower - Jill!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

great name for the lovely quilt!

Regi said...

Thanks Dee!

Alanna said...

The quilt is beautiful, Regi.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt!

Leah said...

I'm so glad you were able to come to the shower. The quilt was just awesome... for many reasons :) Had to make sure I commented since I admitted that browse through your blog frequently!! Have a great week.

Tim and Kristina said...

Regi the quilt turned out great! I know how hard it was for you....I love the name!!

Janella Thompson said...

THank you so much for you kind words and all the hard work and many hours that you put into such a special gift. I know with each and every stich it had to be hard but yet I hope a healing process for you. I will forever cherish what you did for me..I know that it came from your heart!!! LOVE YOU!!!

aunt connie said...

The quilt is beyond gorgeous and meant the world to Janella. Someday....you can put all your beautiful gift into making one for your very own little one -- in God's time!! Love you soooo much.

Liz said...

That is a beautiful quilt - and such a heart gift to give.

~~anna~~ said...

What a beautiful quilt! I'm sure that was not an easy thing to make either. What a test of your faith and strength that you were able to rejoice for someone else.
Praying for you!

Nichole said...

I can empathize. It never really goes away. Beautiful quilt - I'm sure it means a lot to Janella!

Lavy Country said...

What a wonderful gift from such a true friend. God knows every wishful thought and cares more than we can imagine. He will bless beyond your wildest wish. The wait is the trial. Know that beyond the wait - you, me and all who ever hurt and wonder "why"? - there is peace and grace. Love you!