BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Two years ago yesterday....

A Hole in My Heart

A mother I had dreamed to be
God allowed tragedy for me

I hoped that this day would bring joy
Perhaps a small girl or a boy

My loss was certainly Heaven's gain
But that does not lessen the great pain

What cruel twist has been sent my way
Is there some reason that I must pay?

For God knows best we always say
No sum of money I can pay

Impossible to return that gift to me
I do know that God is and will always be

I journey forward and with hope
For without this I could not cope

I understand more clearly now
And I with deep reverence bow

For God willingly gave His Son for me
That I might forever with Him be

No malice within me you will find
How can I remove this from my mind?

That glorious day when Him I see
Will my little one run to me?

Baby Baker: Due May 27, 2009
by: Regina Baker

I named her Hannah. I still think about her quite a bit - wonder if Grandma Collingsworth is holding her? At least it is neat to think about.

2 comments:

Jason Baker said...

Awww! Good stuff! You know she would love her Grandma Collingsworth!

Love you!
J

Aunt Connie said...

What a sweet thought that my Mother holds your angel!! Mom LOVED her grandbabies....which you would have been too tiny to remember :) May Jesus hold you close as you prepare for the birth of the 3rd little one you've carried. I love you.