BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 20, 2007

Shock and Awe!

We have heard this phrase a lot with the war going on. But I thought it appropriate for this post. I decided to unpack my summer shoes and in doing so realized why I never have any room in my side of the closet. I never said I didn't have a lot of shoes, but I do want to point out that the majority of my shoes are clearance deals. I also submit that I wear a lot of these shoes. Obviously, I just pulled my sandals out so I haven't had a chance to wear them yet but I will prove myself. Not pictured are my blue Nike flip flops, my swim flip flops, my brown boots and the second of the silver wedding sandals (I can't find it!)
Row 1



Row 2

Row 3
Row 4


Row 5

Row 6



Row 7

Shock and Awe! No wonder I don't have room in my closet. Guess I won't be buying shoes for a while or until I get rid of some. Oops!

Now this pair has a story behind it. They were brand spankin' new white leather K-Swiss tennis shoes that I had just bought while in college. I decided to wear them to my sister's horse show. I had no problems all morning, I dodged all sorts of "barn dangers." We were doing the finishing touches on the horse's hooves. My mom was leaning over with a bottle of hoof black, kinda like black paint. The horse flinched and the bottle of black went all over the place, including on my skirt, all over my brand new leather shoes. I was so ticked until I looked up and then I busted out laughing. My poor mother had just turned black!!! She had it ALL over her face. It even got in her eyes and was burning. Her eyelashes were black! The bad part is, hoof black doesn't come of easily. We had to use finger nail polish remover. My poor mom was literally black and then gray (as the hoof black started thinning with the remover) and then white again. Poor thing!


Not a word, Dad, not a word!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ngwwwtpfffttt!

Regi said...

Well, I guess that wasn't a word.

Paul and Candy said...

Reg
Way to many shoes...Have you ever hear of the Salvation Army...Stop by, you can even turn this in on your taxes at the end of the year.You only have 2 feet...Your poor husband...

Paul