BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 08, 2007

One never knows.....

...when you might wish you had your camera. Today was just such a day. Jay had a colonoscopy today. They knocked him out for a little over an hour and then brought me into the post-op/recovery room to see him. He was awake...sort of.
My day started at 4 a.m. with my cell phone alarm clock. That's a doozy! I don't even know if Jay remembers me leaving. I arrived at work around 5 a.m. My boss is off this week on a business trip to New York and I am in charge of everything and I have certain deadlines I have to make etc. I worked from 5 to 1 p.m. and then rushed home and picked up Jay and drove him to the office.
When I first saw him in the recovery room he asked for a COKE to drink. He never drinks Coke unless we are in a restaurant and they can make a cherry coke for him. That was my first clue. Then he asked me twice (seconds apart) what time it was. He was acting quite hilariously. We had decided to go to Texas Roadhouse after the test was done since he hasn't had any solid food since Saturday night. When the nurse walked him out to the car I wasn't too sure about the whole restaurant thing as he didn't look too steady on his feet. The nurse warns me as she is shutting the door to our car, that if we do go to a restaurant to eat, not to let him journey to the facilities as he was likely to fall asleep in there.
Nonetheless I start driving towards Texas Roadhouse. He pulls out his cell phone and starts going through numbers so I ask curiously what he is doing. He advises me that he is going to call his "bookies." I told him to put his cell phone away and then I called his brother and let him know that I wasn't too sure about my husband's state of mind. He starts coming around more at the restaurant and he orders his food and gulps it down and then he started getting drowsy again. As we are walking toward our apartment, he starts asking me weird questions about how did he get his clothes on and did I put his shoes on. I sent him to bed where he currently is residing. Just another day in the life of me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, that is so..... funny! He is far to trusting, I feel terrible now. When all five kids were little, Barry had the procedure done and he assured me it was not necessary for me to come, to much trouble getting out of the house with all the babies, I let the poor man drive home by himself, I feel so cruel. You are a good wife!

~~anna~~ said...

Well it's now Tuesday morning and I hope your hubby is feeling better. Hopefully a good night's sleep has removed the effects of the meds. Sure hope you got a good night's sleep too...sounds like you had a l-o-n-g day. Up at 4AM???

Amy said...

lol that is so funny. You know when Monte gets knocked out for his surgerys and things he does the same things and I laugh so hard that I almost cry. I love asking them questions just to see what they will come up with. The last time Monte started quoting my S.S number and all the things he knew about me. Oh what fun you can have when they are just coming back to reality.