BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

A New Adventure...

Well, last week we finally took the step. We are now carpooling together. It sometimes means that I get to work early, but at least we only have one gas bill now :o) Jay's schedule is such that he can drop me off on his way to work and pick me up on the way back. Of course, when the school year starts back up we won't be able to do it as easily but it's nice for now while we can. Just pray for our cars. One gets to sit at home and the other gets worked overtime. Both of our cars are old and have lots of miles, but we are blessed to have minimal problems and mostly just routine car care bills.

Nothing much else is going on. I have started picking up hours at my second job again. It's nice to be able to work from home and the hours are flexible based on their work flow.

4 comments:

LJL said...

Cool new look to the blog.

~~anna~~ said...

Love the photo at the top with the flags!
So, with car pooling you get to spend more time together, too!
With the added benefit that with Jay driving you can quilt to and from work, too!

Regi said...

Possibly...but with him driving our manual transmission, I think I would get my finger poked more than I would get much quilting done :o)

~~anna~~ said...

Yes, well manual transmission could make it a bit tricky...
oh well..good idea though to start car pooling to save gas and $$$.
Wonder how long before others see the need to find ways to save on fuel consumption.
Although sorry but $4 sounds good..ours went to that price 4 years ago here. It's now just below $6!