BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Moveage

Believe it or not, I am writing from my 95% dead laptop which is now 100% fixed. For those of you in the area, I use the Ruschman Bros. (http://www.ruschmanbros.com/) I have known Brett for a couple years and his company is great. I gave him both my computers to transfer files (about 7GB) from one to the other since my efforts didn't work. Then he totally re-imaged my 95% dead laptop and voila! it works again! He works amazingly fast and I had both laptops back the next day. Just let him know that I referred you.
In other news, the grand move has begun. Tuesday night Jay and I packed up both our cars and headed to Falmouth. Much to our surprise when we arrived, our house was right in the middle of a massive two block radius "no-drive" zone. There were 4, count them 4, helicopters landed two yards down. Apparently, a head-on collision occurred in front of the house next door to the parsonage. It was quite the scene. We had to wait for the choppers to take off before they would let us through. Tonight, more packing of boxes. Thanks to Amy she brought tons, and I mean tons, of boxes and we have been putting them to good use. We actually ran out of duct tape before we ran out of boxes. If all goes as planned, we will start moving all of our major stuff on Saturday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes on your new venture. May God bless you as you follow His plan.

~~anna~~ said...

And thus the grand adventure begins! Enjoy yourselves and have fun with it!

Anonymous said...

i don't envy you all the packing! hope the rest of the move - and the transition - goes smoothly :)

Janella Thompson said...

Have fun!! I hate moving too...so I don't really envy you one bit..but I am excited to see you new place.

Unknown said...

Ah, yes...moving...feeling your pain...just did it and glad it's over!

LJL said...

I still think the 'copters were there to welcome you.