BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

My new look!





If you know me, you know that I like being a little different. So when I went to pick out glasses I immediately went for something different. These really stood out to me and I liked them when I first saw them, but my eyes were so dilated from the eye exam that I couldn't tell what they looked like on me. I went back a couple weeks later and found the same pair. The detail above the lenses is pretty kewl so I went for them.
They were pretty pricey but thanks to my HSA they were definitely affordable. If you don't know anything about a Health Savings Account, and your employer offers it as an insurance option you may want to look into it. Basically you have a regular savings account at a bank and a debit card to go along with it. When you go to the doctor/hospital/urgent care, you pay nothing up front. The bill is sent to your insurance and they give you a price break. Once you receive the bill, you use your debit card to pay. The awesome thing about my job is my employer gives me $4,400 a year for my bank account. The HSA insurance plan saves them so much money, that they help the employee out by giving back some of the savings. Glasses, contacts, dentistry, orthodontics can all be paid for out of that account. Pretty kewl. It isn't for everyone, especially those with high priced medications that they need monthly. So now, you have had a crash course in an HSA insurance plan.

6 comments:

Alanna said...

fun - they look really nice!

Tim and Kristina said...

I like the glasses, really cool design!

~~anna~~ said...

I really LOVE those frames! Never seen anything like them. Did they come in other colors?
Would like more info on your insurance plan, too.

Anonymous said...

The frames are pretty and so are you!!

Regi said...

Yeah, they are pretty kewl glasses.

Anna, did you have a specific question about the HSA? The monthly premium for me and my spouse is $20. It is a low premium/high deductible plan, but like I said, you have the money in the account to pay the deductible if something big comes up.

Anonymous said...

they look really good on you, regi! i remember the first time i got glasses (3-1/2 years ago) after years of wearing contacts. i had sooooo many people come up and ask, "Did you do something different with your hair?" No one seemed to notice that it was the glasses that were different.