BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

What a week!

The first two days of the last work week were absolutely crazy without power. On Wednesday, my boss informed me that I was to attend a training session in Lexington on Thursday! I sat through several hours of information on records, records retention, records recovery, records disaster plan...just about everything you can think of to do with records. Because we are a county agency we fall under the Kentucky Department of Library and Archives statutes and regulations for destroying records. Sigh.....insightful but definitely boring at spots. Then back on the regular job on Friday where I attempted to root through all the stuff that was shoved aside during the power outage. It's amazing how quickly bills stack up when there is no computer to process them.

Then on Saturday, we attended Josh Thompson's wedding. We both attended the same college and have been pretty good friends for a while. It was cute wedding. Trisha chose mainly green and pink as her colors. Here are a couple pictures. Congratulations to the happy couple!




Now, with other news, I have purchased a HUGE HUGE rolling suitcase for our trip. I haven't started packing yet, but that is on the schedule for this week. Friday morning, a sweet gentleman from our church has agreed to drive us to the airport about an hour or so away. We will have to leave our house at about 3 a.m.!!! But after several hours in a couple planes, we should be landing in Honolulu, Hawaii sometime Friday afternoon :o)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

having hawaii to look forward to at the end of the week will surely help you get through the rest, won't it? hope you have fun and have a safe trip!

skier1998 said...

Hey - Watch out for those huge huge suitcases. I was getting ready to fly to NY in August and when my huge suitcase was 2/3 the way full - it was already over the weight limit for a suitcase. 50 lbs - I think. So I ended up cramming stuff in a medium size one - the huge suitcase itself added extra weight. Have fun packing. Have an awesome time in Hawaii. Suh-weeeet!

Regi said...

Thanks Tara! I've already thought of that. I have some scales to use when it starts getting heavy. Thankfully we got in under the deadline and we don't have the pay the fee for luggage, or so we've been told :o)

LJL said...

Congrats, Josh. Hawaii, get ready, here comes Regi and Jason!

Anonymous said...

Lucky you two!! Have a wonderful time.

~~anna~~ said...

Have fun on your trip! How long will you be there?
By the way, 50#'s adds up fast. Two reg size are much easier. Don't forget the change of clothes for your carry-on just incase any luggage gets lost. (never happens! :^)

Regi said...

We are leaving this Friday and returning the following Saturday.

Island Girl said...

Even though I already live on a beautiful island I am kind of jealous. Anyway I hope you guys have a fantastic vacation. Oh and enjoy a few sunrises and sunsets!